In this post, we have gathered 67 golden silence quotes and sayings.
Let’s get into the post!
Do you ever sit in silence and enjoy the silence?
Or do you get anxious and feel the desire to accomplish something?
The adage “silence is golden” says more than words can.
It has a very relaxing and grounding effect on me.
These silence quotes will increase your appreciation for the power of silence!
- Listen to the silence. It has so much to say. – Rumi
- The smarter you get, the less you speak.
- Silence makes idiots seem wise, even for a minute. ―
- Silence is sometimes the best answer. – Dalai Lama
- Work hard in silence; let your success make the noise. – Frank Ocean
- Silence is the best response to a fool.
- A wise man once said nothing.
- Some hearts understand each other, even in silence.
- Silence is true wisdom’s best reply. -Euripides
- Silence isn’t empty; it’s full of answers.
- Life’s deepest feelings are often expressed in silence.
- Silence is a gift. Learn to value its essence.
- I was quiet, but I was not blind.
- Never assume that loud is strong and quiet is weak.
- What keeps my heart awake is colorful silence. – Claude Monet
- No response is a response. And it’s a powerful one.
- Sometimes it’s better to let the silence do the talking.
- When you build in silence, they don’t know what to attack.
- Silence is the most powerful scream.
- The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
- Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than the silence.
- Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence. –
- Silence is golden when you can’t think of a good answer. – Muhammad Ali
- Silence is of different kinds and breathes different meanings. – Charlotte Brontë
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words. –
- Well-timed silence is the most commanding expression. – Mark Helprin
- The more you know the less you need to say. – Jim Rohn
- Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom. – Francis Bacon
- Silence is so freaking loud. –
- Never miss a good chance to shut up. –
- Never say anything that doesn’t improve on silence. – Richard Yates
- Surely silence can sometimes be the most eloquent reply.
- My silence could mean that you are not worth the argument.
- Silence is a true friend who never betrays. – Confucius
- Wise people are not always silent, but they know when to be.
- Be silent and safe—silence never betrays you. – John Boyle O’Reilly
- Once you’ve matured you realize silence is more powerful than proving a point.
- A heart worth loving is one you understand, even in silence. – Shannon L. Alder
- Saying nothing sometimes says the most. – Emily Dickinson
- Most people are perfectly afraid of silence. –
- The most significant conversations of our lives occur in silence. – Simon Van Booy
- Sometimes you don’t have to say anything. Silence speaks it all. – Disha Patani
- We sit silently and watch the world around us. This has taken a lifetime to learn. – Nicholas Sparks
- We will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. – Martin Luther King Jr
- Words can sting like anything, but silence breaks the heart. – Phyllis McGinley
- My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence. –
- The deepest feeling always shows itself in silence. – Marianne Moore
- I think 99 times and find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in silence, and the truth comes to me. – Albert Einstein
- There is an ocean of silence between us… and I am drowning in it. –
- Never respond to rudeness. When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
- If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet…maybe we could understand something. – Federico Fellini
- It is beautiful to talk about beautiful things and even more beautiful to silently gaze at them. – Dejan Stojanovic
- I have heard the languages of apocalypse, and now I shall embrace the silence. – Neil Gaiman
- Silence at the proper season is wisdom, and better than any speech. – Plutarch
- I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more. – C.S. Lewis
- There are in life a few moments so beautiful, that even words are a sort of profanity. – Diana Palmer
- But there is greater comfort in the substance of silence than in the answer to a question. – Thomas Merton
- Meditation is silence, energizing, and fulfilling. Silent is the eloquent expression of the inexpressible. – Sri Chinmoy
- Silence can often be more disturbing than noise, it reveals the complicated mechanism of our thoughts. – José Rodrigues Miguéis
- When a question has no correct answer, there is only one honest response. The gray area between yes and no. Silence. – Dan Brown
- Silence is pure and holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking. – Nicholas Sparks
- I discovered that I felt at home and alive in the silence, which compelled me to enter my interior world and around there. – Karen Armstrong
- Wise men, when in doubt about whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent. – Napoleon Hill
- Focus your attention on the quality of your words, and not the quantity, because few sensible talks attract millions of listeners more than a thousand gibberish. – Michael Bassey Johnson
- A sudden silence in the middle of a conversation suddenly brings us back to essentials: it reveals how dearly we must pay for the invention of speech. – Emile M. Cioran
- Silence is a great teacher, and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it. There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that come from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence. – Deepak Chopra
In today’s world, it is simple to become disoriented in the noisy environs in which we live.
Yet, remaining silent for a few minutes can help you collect your thoughts, relax your mind, and settle down to reflect on your life decisions.
Quiet signifies the existence of mental serenity, tranquillity, and clarity.
You can set aside time to enjoy solitude and use it to refresh your mind for improved creativity and relaxation.
We shall constantly be surrounded by symbolic and actual cacophony.
Yet, you must take some time and experiment with stillness to find a new path away from confusion or distraction.
We hope you found these silence quotes interesting.